In addition to our waste management solutions and services, RPR is pleased to provide clients with Transportation of Dangerous Goods Clear Language and Ministry of the Environment Regulation 347/558 training modules. This training will enhance your staff’s knowledge of the work field and will provide clear language interpretation of the complex provincial and federal regulations that govern the management of hazardous waste materials.
RPR understands that in today’s work environment, continuous employee training and customer support is the key to reducing individual as well as corporate liability. Therefore all staff is always under continuous training programs and to always have up to date certification.
The training sessions are held at our offices monthly and can be arranged at your site. These practical, comprehensive modules can be customized to meet your specific chemical and waste handling requirements. RPR also offers generic courses at alternate venues for mixed groups of customers.
1. Training Offered at RPR
Topics to be covered under TDG include:
- Classification of Dangerous Goods
- Responsibilities of shippers, carriers, consignees and handlers under the TDGR
- Use of Safety Marks
- Shipping documentation
- Safe Handling Practices
- Transportation Emergencies
Contact office for fee and registration.
2. Environment Canada Reg 347 Training
Topics to be covered under Regulation 347/558 include:
- Terms and definitions
- Environmental Protection Act
- Offences and fines
- Responsibilities of shippers, carriers and receivers under Reg 347/558
- Proper classification of waste
- The relationship between 347/558 and TDGA
- Proper documentation
- Special considerations: spills, waste refusals and transportation emergencies
Introduction of Ontario Regulation 461/05, L.D.R Land Disposal Restriction
Training is provided by a representative from RPR Environmental who has experience in chemical handling, Dangerous Goods, Waste Treatment, M.S.D.S. preparation and spills training. Their background includes:
- Experience "hands on" in T.D.G.A.
- Experience "hands on" in EH&S regulations, O.H.S.A
- Certified member for W.S.I.B. Workwell program
- Certified member for Joint Health & Safety Committee
- Valid Certificate for W.H.M.I.S. training
- Valid certificate for T.D.G.A. "clear language"
- About WHMIS
- Regulatory requirements
- Material safety datasheets
- Hazard specific issues
- About Spills
- Spills kit
- Spills response
- Spills procedure
- Hazard specific issues